CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Special time with our parents

Have I ever mentioned how much we love our parents?! We are so blessed to have basically grown up with each others parents and so its like we have almost always had two sets of parents who we respect and love dearly. I pulled two of my favorite pictures with our parents from the vault as I share how they made the past week before Ryan left for training special.
Shown here at Ryan's commissioning, we celebrated Jeff's 61st birthday this week and Mother's Day with dinner at their place Wednesday night. I was so tired from finishing things up at school and the internship but it was such a nice dinner and it is hard to believe it will be one of the last like that for a while. Sammy was actually pretty well behaved too (he usually just begs to play in their awesome outside when we go over there) and seemed entertained by their new robot vacuum thing (too cute). It was so nice to be able to give Linda her annual Mother's Day family photo book. I think this was the best one yet and I wish I could share the pages on here but you'll just have to ask her to let you see it the next time you are at her place:) Jeff is so hard to buy for but we gave him this book that Ryan had highly recommended for him to read so that he and Ryan can both read the same thing and have a better picture of what is going on where Ry will be serving.
I always loved this pic from our wedding. I wish Ry were in it but I am so thankful his Aunt Denise captured this of the original 3. My parents have been incredible in showing their support for us at this time. Friday night they treated us to Outback carry out since they were going there for dinner. It was a real treat for the homebody who wanted something special before resigning to MRE's and Army cooks. Saturday after I left Ry's unit I picked up lunch for Hillary and I to celebrate Mother's Day with mom and it was fun watching It's Complicated and relaxing together. Sammy spent the whole day with Grammy as his Mother's Day gift which was nice for me since I had a pretty full day. Yesterday we came back for lunch as almost always after a beautiful service at church and ended up making an afternoon of it. I have had UP for a few weeks from Netflix but we have been too busy to watch it so I put it on while I prepared lunch and we all got sucked in. It was a really sweet movie and of course we loved that the dog had a lot of similarities to little love. It was so nice to have all three of us plus Samson on the couch and to enjoy yummy lunch and ice cream after together. I don't know what I would do at this time without them and I am so thankful we get to spend so much time together. We definitely recommend this movie as a way to rethink priorities and relationships. It's not your typical cartoon movie.
So....Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you all! We are both so thankful for our moms and how much they have taught us and sacrificed for us over the years. I hope that you all found a way to make the day special and prayers for all of you for whom the day may be a difficult one.

No comments:

Post a Comment