CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

That was some party!!!

It would be an understatement to say that we were really excited to celebrate my graduations and Ryan's send off with family and friends. We had 83 people come show their love and support and we could not be more grateful for that. It was definitely an incredible party! I wish I could post all of my pictures from the party on here but I tried to choose the best. You can catch more of the pictures on facebook and I will post them to our picture site too. We are especially thankful to the people who traveled from PA, SC, and other parts of VA for the party.
This was the first thing we saw when we pulled up. How cool is this?! My Dad created a model so people could see what Ryan's unit will be doing over there.
They build bridges and no one will be falling over (some glue might have helped out the plastic dudes). We were so surprised by the way my parents and our other family and friends outdid themselves with speeches, fireworks, a presentation of service flags, great food, and company, etc etc etc.
Ryan's best friend from the unit and his Platoon Sergeant were able to make it. They got to help set off the fireworks and it was nice to hang out with their lovely wives too.
Now if that isn't a happy face I don't know what is:) The fireworks were a hit for everyone but the babies and Sammy.
I probably shouldn't, but I love how it looks like live fire coming out of the helicopter. At least the explosion is on the enemy's side and not ours, but hopefully there won't be any of that over there.
Ryan's parents look so happy in this picture. I am so glad they had a good time and were able to enjoy themselves.
Tate got the first piece of cake and Uncle Ryan let him have whichever piece he wanted, which was in the middle (of course)...too cute!
Carter may be my photographer's assistant one day for as much as he tries to get my camera:) Love this smile.
We didn't expect gifts since we had asked people to make or bring donations for the Wounded and Deployed Soldiers. We are so happy to hear that some people donated to the Wounded Warriors Project and we have three nice size bags to take to the military outreach meeting at church tonight. We were also really blessed by several beautiful arrangements of flowers (two pictured here) and Susan brought me to tears with her gift. It was a purse that was her husband's godmothers and she felt it was only fitting that Tate's godmother have it. I love that I am now a part of three generations of US Army Corps of Engineer officer's wives. I can't wait to use it at the next Dining In when they all come home and I have the perfect gold dress to wear with it that I wore at my Senior Dinner Dance in college.
I didn't get a chance to get a good picture of my parents at the party but we went to put the alcohol away and pick up the donations on Sunday and we had to get a picture in front of these beautiful blooms. We never intended for them to take over the party but they did such a wonderful job and I am so glad they had fun with it. Special thanks are due to Diana, Hillary, Tawnya, Kelly, Sierra, Jeff, and Linda for your help as well! It was really nice to be able to come enjoy the party and not be exhausted from prep because with what my week had looked like with school and the internship that's what would have happened.

What meant the most about the party was to be reminded of all of the support Ryan and I have. In the next year or so we are going to need prayers, people to talk to, fun escapes from reality for me, and backup in case things don't go according to plan. We were surrounded by a really strong reminder of that support on Saturday night and we feel so blessed by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment