CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Sammy!

This week has a lot of meaning for us. On the 14th Ryan celebrated 7 years in the Army. Congrats and thanks for your service my love. I can't believe he is over 1/3 of the way to the 20 year mark, which is pretty significant in the military. Of course he wants to be in longer than that but we'll see how it all pans out.

Today we celebrate two birthdays. The first being our lovable pups and the second being our car. Both turn two today, and no we did not plan it that way and of course we are more thankful for Samson than Chocolate (yes, the car has a name). Sammy has brought so much joy into our lives with his amazingly funny personality. He was "bread to sit on mommy's lap" as our obedience instructor put it, I am especially thankful to have him around when Ry is gone and I have my little buddy to keep me from feeling lonely.

We are having a small birthday party for Samson on Saturday. It seems silly but he loves being around people and we figure why not?! There will be lots of kids at the party so he should be one happy pup.

Stay tuned for pictures of the birthday boy in all his glory. I have my internship today but after that we are headed to Grammy's (his favorite) and we will have a mini celebration before my Dad and I head out to fo the rest of the Christmas shopping for my mom while she and Sammy have their special play time. Have I mentioned that I love how involved my parents are with my dog and that I am so thankful for their that especially when Ryan is gone?! Then we get to pick Ry up at the airport at the end of the night so Sammy should be one happy pup on his birthday.

Here are some pictures of when we first got Sammy.

He was so tired after a long day of helping me move things at church. I think he spent most of his first few weeks there getting it ready for its renovation. I am so thankful that he could tag along so I didn't have to miss out on that time with him.

On the first of many runs shortly after we got him. He wore Ry and I out then and he still gives Ry a run for his money.

With his first toy from Auntie Diana. He was actually playing with it two nights ago and it looks a little different now that he is five times bigger, but he still loves it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment