CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

New Me

In the past three years so many things have happened and at times I looked to the wrong things for comfort, like baking and Spaggettios. I also didn't put forth the effort to look for healthy options for meals on the go since my life is fairly fast paced. I definitely didn't set aside the time I should have to exercise. Then right as I was getting motivated this past year, I sprained my ankle, tearing most of the ligaments in my right foot. While the crutches gave my arms a good workout while I was on them, the rest of me suffered because I was exhausted and in pain for most of the summer. Excuses aside, its time to get back into shape.

My goal is to get back to the same kind of shape I was in on my wedding day. In the year of our engagement I ate better and made working out a priority. I felt healthy and loved the way my clothes fit. The bad thing for my health is that my confidence is not dependent on my weight. The good news is, I know that I need to be healthier for myself and the future of my family.

So, all that is to say that this past Friday after my internship, I began my new commitment to working out. I spent 30 minutes on our elliptical and it was painful (sad, I know) but it was also invigorating. Saturday, Ryan and I spent 40 minutes getting our you know whats kicked by Jillian Michaels and it was good to have someone to workout with. Yesterday I was too sore to do much (it hurt to clap during worship) so I spent 20 minutes on the Wii Fit and carried a 16 month old up and down the stairs a fair amount when I went babysitting.

I'm not the routine kind and definitely want to stay interested so I plan on switching up my work outs with various options like this. I also have to be aware of how exercises will affect my ankle and be cautious not to make it weaker by straining it. Most of the exercises I plan on doing will strengthen my ankle and hopefully prevent the sprain I am at high risk for this winter (ice is not my friend right now).

My plan is to do at least 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week, but 7 would be even better. My goal is to lose the weight before Ryan's deployment this spring so that way he will know he has a healthy wife back at home. Now that I have put all this out there, please hold me to it and I hope to keep you all updated, if only to hold myself accountable. Stay tuned for details on new healthy food options I am trying. I think I will do some wii fit now (love those balance games to strengthen that ankle) and looking forward to some elliptical time later today. Did I mention that I am so thankful I have this Winter
Almost Break to help me make the time for jump starting this process?!

Some Recommendations for you to try if you are interesting in getting/staying in shape:

No comments:

Post a Comment