CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Boys and Easter time

I got a few hours in with the boys today and we had a lot of fun. I finally got to hear the little man say a word and it was an almost perfect "cracker" after he had already eaten a ton of food. Where does it go?! The dogs were lined up waiting for something to drop but he is learning not to give them food even though you can tell he really wants to. Tate did not want any pictures taken at lunch but was a ham for me later in the afternoon, so funny to see his personality develop.
We went on a ride/walk to the park and the pond by their house. Though I was thrilled to go for a walk with them, I was not looking forward having to carry Carter and the bike up hills but Tate did really well with a little pushing until the very end. I can't believe how much of a big kid he is now!
I asked Tate to pose with Carter in front of the lake and he was so sweet looking at Carter who was pretty tired by this point. I love the sweet moments between them and this picture is definitely one of my favorites of them.
When I got home I found two cards in the mail from Tate for us. He colored on them and was too excited about the fact that there was pink on mine so he told me about it today. I put the Easter cards we have gotten up next to our Easter tree. I have never put an Easter tree up before and I think it may still need a little something but I'm not sure.
We're about to head to church for Maundy Thursday service. I am really looking forward to it and just really excited about Easter in general. Last year Ry was already in training and missed it and I know he probably won't be back for it next year so we are going to live it up with family and friends and our new church family. As much as I love Christmas, Easter is what the journey is all about...

No comments:

Post a Comment