CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

We had such a wonderful Easter! I hope that you all had a blessed and joyous day as well. Hillary came over Saturday night to help with the final pre-party preparations and then we all went to church with my parents in the morning. The music was amazing and the sermon was quite powerful. The church was so beautiful with a different cross at the point with a scarf on it and flowers everywhere. It was also incredible how packed the place was and so amazing to worship with that many people and a sweet baby in front of us clapping to the music. After church we came back and opened presents and finished preparing lunch for my parents, Ryan's parents, Ryan's Aunt and her family, and Hill. I forgot to take pictures of everyone because it was such a nice day and I was just soaking it all in. I still can't believe I was able to fit our regular dining room table and our game table in the dining room so that everyone could have a seat. The food was so delicious and we played games afterwards. We don't get much time with Ryan's Aunt and her family and it was so fun to play wii with Ry's cousins. I think our favorite times playing wii have been with them and when we played with the nieces.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from yesterday:
Mom and Dad being hams about the books we got them to enjoy on their anniversary getaway this coming weekend. Can't wait to drop them off for a weekend of luxury, pampering, and fun in just 4 days.
It was so great to have some time with Hill and to have a little extra help with the final prep. I don't get to see her enough but it sounds like that is going to change since we are just a little over 6 months out from the big race.
I love that Jeff got in on the wii playing. Ry said that he was really good at archery. It was so nice that everyone stayed for a while after lunch and it was so sad when I finished the last of the dishes this morning before school and it hit me that Easter was really over. The meaning of it is not but I love Easter and this is the last holiday I will have with Ry for a while so it will be sad taking the few decorations down.

The last countdown is on for school. Only 31 days until both school and my internship are over. I have mixed emotions about that. It will be so sad to not see my classmates and professors I am used to seeing every week for the past two years and even more sad to say goodbye to my students who I have grown quite fond of (there should be no surprise there if you know my heart for kids). I am excited to have my life back though because I think a regular work schedule without homework to work on at night sounds like heaven. Speaking of which, last night I saw that my resume got forwarded for one Fairfax County job. This still doesn't mean that the HR department will call me to set up an interview, but it is one step in the right direction and I am so grateful for that. I think my heart stopped when I saw that my status had been upgraded for that job and it really gave me hope that God has a plan for me after graduation, whether this job works out or not. Its not my dream job but it would put me on the path to getting licensed, which would be nice. I know whose in charge and prayers about my future job situation are still definitely appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment