CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just signed up for the Army Ten-Miler

I just signed up for the Army Ten-Miler at the encouragement of my good friend Hillary who is an avid runner to say the least and who for some reason has faith in my ability to make it across that finish line. She asked me to do at least one race with her while Ry is deployed and while I was thinking more along the lines of a Turkey Trot, when she pulled the Army card on me this week I couldn't say no. I have gotten so much better about my eating habits and about buying nice quality healthy food, but I have not been able to get into a good groove with working out. I think my fear of being dead last should be a good motivator! Looks like our family walks just upgraded to family walk/runs and hopefully I will have a decent and consistent schedule once I am out of school so that should help with training. I am looking forward to spending some extra time with Hill for training and to checking this one off my list. So please pray that training goes well, that my ankle holds up, and that this helps me get back into shape again. Here is to giving it my all for the next 205 days! And no, this is not an April Fools Day joke:)

No comments:

Post a Comment