CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fantastic Weekend...Happy Birthday Ry!

First off, Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband. I'll try to remember to take a birthday picture at some point today. I am so happy he could be home to celebrate his 25th birthday. We are taking today to celebrate together, church, walk with the pup, games, dinner and movie date. I tried to convince him to go see ICE at the National Harbor but I guess that was a little much given all the excitement of our weekend so far. I know we are both really excited about his birthday party this Saturday and all of the people who are going to be coming.

Since he is still asleep I have time to blog about our fun weekend. We ended up having a lot of things to do on Friday since I had so much unexpected work last week so we didn't leave until 1 for the city but it was probably too cold for us to enjoy much anyway. We got there and had some time to relax at the bar before Tom and Colleen got there for dinner. It was nice and probably a first for us. Dinner was great at Monk's Cafe in Philly and then we rushed over to the theater for Wicked. We forgot to take a picture because we were so excited. The show was incredible. It is so well written and performed and I can't wait to take the rest of the family to it (not sure when but I'll get them there).

We got to see the baby room when we headed to their home for the night and it looks so cute. Colleen has such good taste and I love the pink and grey combo. After sleeping in (the country just does that to us) we headed to the other part of PA for her shower. It was so much fun seeing the family again, playing weird games, and seeing all the creative and cute gifts. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the shower:


With my lovely cousin three weeks before she becomes a Mommy.
Shot of the cake, the invitation and all of the prizes for the fun games.
My first girl/eco friendlier diaper cake. So fun and easy to make these.
Caught two of my younger cousins being funny and they didn't even notice.
Cute Colleen. It might look cuter on baby Lucky though:)

No comments:

Post a Comment