CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fun weekend ahead/Week of thanks


After putting some last minute things together for my cousins baby shower this weekend, Ry and I are headed to Philly to see Wicked with my cousin and her husband. She and I were so close growing up and then the boys entered the pictures and our schedules got all wacky and it seemed like when she was with the family I wasn't and vice versa. We are working towards fixing that and I feel so blessed that we had extra days at the holiday together for scrapbooking at Grandmas and now we have this date set up. I am really excited about the shower on Saturday and all the details I can't share yet since she might read this. After that Ry and I will come home and spend Sunday however he wants since it is his 25th birthday. I imagine we will be completely lazy and just play games all day and maybe go for a long walk with the pup, but the only thing on the schedule is church. We got a lot of restaurant gift cards for Christmas so maybe we'll take advantage of those but Ryan's lazy days are so rare I think he will enjoy the birthday excuse:)

I also wanted to list the things I was thankful for this week since it was FULL of blessings:
1. Lots of extra time with the Barker family before they left for Korea this week. They have been fantastic to me the past 3.5 years and they were a blessing to the end. I will miss them and their kids and am praying for safe travels and a smooth transition. We are also thankful for all of the good food and alcohol they gave me since they can't take it with them. We are well stocked!
2. Time with Hilly and her help putting away the Christmas decorations Sunday (always so sad but better with good company to distract me).
3. A good first day back at the internship.
4. My holiday party dress arriving. It's better than I could have imagined and it was on a fantastic sale that I used a gift card for. It is going to look great with Ry's dress blues.
5. The light snow that has blanketed the ground outside.
6. Getting to see Christen and the boys midweek.
7. Some financial things coming together and seeing once again how the Lord provides in His perfect timing.

I also have a recommendation to make: I played Perfection with my second graders at the school yesterday and they loved it. I hadn't played it in years and I would highly recommend it for the kids in your life since it is great for teaching them to focus and think strategically. My two kids worked together really nicely and were so proud of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment