CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Latest dessert hit

I have had a few requests for the dessert that Ryan and Samson have become addicted to: Kifles. Here is the recipe my Grandma gave me for them:

Mix:
4 cups of flour
1lb of butter
4 egg yolks
12 oz cream cheese

Make little balls and put them in the fridge to chill overnight

Flatten out the balls (use a powder sugar/flour mixture with a rolling pin, the thinner the better), and place the apricot filling inside. Roll them up and pinch the ends and put them in a crescent shape. Poke three holes on top with a fork.

Bake for 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the bottom is only slightly golden brown

Note: The apricot filling came in a clear container from a special section at my Grandma's grocery store. I hear you can get it in the baking section. Good luck because it looks like I may be going back to PA to get the supplies for our next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment