CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy things

So I realized after the party on Saturday that we have had 7 straight weeks of partying/exciting events since Thanksgiving: 1. Thanksgiving 2. Ryan's brother's 40th birthday party 3. Kids Christmas with our nephew at church 3. Rockette's with my family 4. Christmas Festivities Galore 5. Ryan's mom's birthday party at our place 6. Wicked and my cousin's baby shower and 7. Ryan's birthday party. We are about to have 8. Ryan's unit holiday party 9. Caps Game and Tawnya's Housewarming and 10. Game Night with Ryan's sister and her friend and Superbowl party with my "sister" and her running team.

After Feb 7 the streak will be broken by Ryan's drills picking up, but it just hit me today and I wanted to note this fantastic streak so I remember it when Ry is busy/gone. We are social people, but between the demands of Ry's two jobs to include his traveling pretty often, it is sometimes hard to fit in parties and special outings. We have been really blessed that he has not been traveling on the weekends lately and that his drill includes his units holiday party this month.

Another thing that I am really excited about is that Ryan was just asked to be "Mr. Vice" at his units holiday party. This is a pretty big honor and it pretty much means he is the master of ceremonies. Thank God he is funny because this position can make or break the night. I am praying that all goes well with his preparation for this role this week and that he can relax and enjoy it Saturday night. The only down side is that it means that he won't be able to sit next to me but that will be all the more reason for me to reach out to the other spouses at my table. I am really looking forward to getting to know them more and talking about ideas for the Family Readiness Group for while the unit is gone.

Other blessings of the week so far:
1. We had a really nice relaxing Sunday and Monday together since we had no big plans. We really enjoyed the roast of Pastor John at church for his 50th birthday and had fun shopping Monday and stuck with our gift cards for the most part. Diana and Jason also stopped by for a bit Monday since they had to miss the party and it was nice that the decorations were still up for them to see all the cute pictures of Ry.
2. I got two nice dresses from Ann Taylor on great sales for both of my graduations in May.
3. We got a great deal on Caps tickets for next Friday night and we both have off that day so we may go into DC early if it is nice. We may end up going to another game before the end of the season but I am so excited we will get at least one in because we love going Caps games.
4. Babysitting with my new clients (twin baby girls) went great today and we are in the process of lining up more dates.
5. I filed our taxes today and can't wait for the refund so we can pay off more debt. Props to the US government for adding more support for those in post-secondary education programs this year.

Our dates for the Super Bowl party. I am so happy that my "sister" Hill has found a great guy and that he and Ry have so many things in common with similar civilian and reservist jobs and hobbies (like Call of Duty).
Our second holiday party at the unit. I loved that dress and wearing the traditional Engineer red (the picture is clearer if you click on it to enlarge it). This year I am wearing blue though since I wore red again this past year and it was a good thing too because last year they called the Officers up and asked them to show their red and they couldn't use the same thing as anyone else. Ry was at the end of the line and all of his red items had been taken so he used his date and it saved him from whatever weird punishment they would have come up with for him since thats how the unit rolls (drinking weird stuff with sand in it, singing songs in front of everyone, wearing life jackets, etc.). Here is a picture of the red dress that saved the day:
This year I will make sure he has other creative red things to show for himself.

One of my new dresses. Only $40 from Ann Taylor and my favorite color:)

No comments:

Post a Comment