CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Job Applications

So up until now I have not seen any jobs that I wanted to apply to, but today I found four so here is to hoping I am able to get those in this weekend. Three of them are with Prince William County which I had not previously considered but right now they have a lot more jobs open than either Fairfax County or City of Alexandria. I am hopeful that more jobs will become available with Fairfax County in the next few weeks, but I had heard of a hiring freeze at City of Alexandria while I was there this summer and it looks like that is true for my field since there hasn't been anything in the past few months.

I am a bit discouraged that most of the Army Social Work jobs require you to be licensed to apply. This is great in terms of getting more experienced social workers taking care of the military and family, but it means I need to try to get a job with lots of clinical hours and the possibility of supervision so I can get my license. I am not excited about having to take the big test in two years or about the money that it costs to get your license, but it looks like that is going to be the new standard for social work in a few years and I would like to have as much job security as possible.

In other news, I have had a lot of great meetings with my students today and I am so looking forward to the weekend. We had a great dinner with Ry's parents last night and we hope to get better about having regular meals with them and his sisters family since we are already really good about having lunch with my parents most Sundays after church. That quality time with loved ones is so important right now and always, but especially right now. Here's to a nice relaxing night with my love and to kicking his butt in Scrabble:)

No comments:

Post a Comment