CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday already?!

Ryan and I live for our weekends together. Sometimes our weeknights get busy between my having school one night a week and group meetings others and his occasional leadership meetings. So, when we get a weekend together we try to make the most of it. We realized that between his drills and training for the Army, we only have seven weekends together before the official last send off. That seems so crazy but I have to keep reminding myself that he'll be home before I know it. The five months he was in training this past summer flew by fast than I realized at the time. So what's another couple (or lot of) months?

In any case, I agreed to babysit Saturday because with all the extra deployment stuff we bought recently the extra cash would be helpful. It worked out nicely that the mom came home a little early and I got to come home while it was still warm enough for us to take a long walk with Samson in the woods. He loved it and we were all grateful the snow had melted enough that we could walk on the trails. It was the perfect day for it and Sammy went crazy with excitement at one point zooming back and forth which is always the best.

Then Saturday night our game night got canceled and we had a night together. We did our monthly trip to the commissary and found some more cool healthy stuff there. I'm actually really impressed with our pantry and fridge right now between all the Trader Joes stuff and the good choices from the commissary. We watched House reruns which is our new thing and cuddled on our perfect for cuddling couch.

Then on Sunday we went to a beautiful church service with my parents (loved the worship songs yesterday) and then had lunch back at our place which I love. We made wheat and regular pizza with chicken on it (so delicious!!!). I think my mom was impressed with my skill given that my specialty used to be spaghetti and while I make some good stuff, it really doesn't require much skill. I helped her with some of the wii fit games she wasn't comfortable with while we waited for it to cook and I think the guys thought we looked pretty ridiculous but that's okay.

After that we did a practice interview with my mom. She is applying for a different position within her agency and would definitely appreciate your prayers this week as she does her final preparations for it. She answered our questions so well and we think she is going to nail it. It was fun to hear about parts of her work history I had forgotten about it and to hear her perspective on leadership in the workplace. It got me excited for doing interviews of my own soon.

The rest of the day flew by too fast! We were supposed to have a game day with my friends but fortunately for my home body of a husband (can't blame him these days) they were sick I am hoping they are feeling better and that we can reschedule both game times that didn't happen this weekend. Since we didn't go I had time to work out and I am definitely getting better on the elliptical (used to kill me) so that is exciting. I am also glad I am almost done with my ridiculously big job application. It's great to know not just anyone can work with kids and I think I remembered all the policy's I had to read and sign. Here's to getting my fingerprints done tomorrow and turning it in.

I hope you all had a good weekend and I can't believe it's March already. I am really getting excited about being done with school and praying God lines up a job for me. I'm really praying God gives Ryan and I the strength for the other part of our journey coming all too quickly.

Another possibility for the twins card:

No comments:

Post a Comment