CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Refreshing Weekend

For some reason I was exhausted towards the end of the week. It was a really good week, but a pretty intense one with lots of things to process at the schools and with Ry's deployment and I think it just drained me. So, Friday night after a long family walk in the woods (we love the trails behind our place) was a chill night and I woke up Saturday feeling 100% refreshed and ready for a productive weekend. After some errands Saturday morning we had lunch double date with friends we rarely get to see. Scott works at a church and is a tennis coach for a high school so I don't even think Christie gets to see him much. Hearing them talk about their hectic schedule reminded me of Ryan and my first two years of marriage. It is so hard to realize that even though there are a lot of great things to do out in the world and you want to work as much as you can to be stable, time flies too fast too miss out on time with your spouse. In any case, it was really good to see them. Then after popping over to Tawnya's new place to see how she decorated it since it looks like we won't be able to make it to her housewarming party (sorry Tawn, it looks great though), we headed over to Ryan's parents to wash the cars and wax the truck. It was so nice to be outside and not have to have a jacket or gloves on. Sammy played soccer for over two hours while we worked and gave me quite the work out running after his ball when it would go into the neighbors yard (I think he was starting to figure out stop and the boundaries of their yard). I am so excited all the Edison construction mud is off my car and Sammy is less than thrilled that he had two baths this weekend because of all of our outside play time this weekend.

Today we are serving communion for the first time at our church and really excited about it because we really enjoyed doing that at our old church. Ashley and her boyfriend are up from Blacksburg and joining us for church and a yummy home made whole wheat chicken pizza lunch afterwards. We are really looking forward to meeting them. I have to go babysitting for the twins this evening and I'm not looking forward to time away from Ry but I am glad I have this job to pay for all of the things I had to get as pre-reqs for my new part time job (fingerprints, TB test, driving record).

The laundry is calling, I love having time before church to get things done. I hope you all are having a good weekend and I know it sounds like mine has been pretty nerdy but this is how we love to spend our weekends, a little friend time, some outdoorsy stuff with the pup, getting things done, and some cuddle time in front of the TV. Life is good!

Here are some pics of poor Samson after his first bath (not a favorite activity for him):

No comments:

Post a Comment