CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Now you know this is my journal

In case you haven't noticed from my insanely long posts, this blog has become my journal and I hope you find it interesting, but I mostly just want to capture our family history and my personal journey. I appreciate your visiting and apologize for these long ones:

Sunday I got to serve communion to my best friend from high school and the man she thinks may be her future husband. When I first met her she believed in God but didn't really have a relationship with Him. I am so blessed to have been a part of her journey and to worship with them yesterday was just beautiful. It was also nice to have them over for some yummy pizza and Sammy was of course happy to see one of his favorite people who we don't get to see enough of.

After they left we went on another long family walk and this time Ry wore his weighted vest to get used to carrying heavy stuff while walking long distances. We are so fortunate to have such long wooded trails behind our place and I don't think we have taken the same route twice. We hope to go on our family walks three-four times a week and Ry will start to layer up and wear his boots to get ready for the desert conditions. Maybe we'll use some days to start my getting into running conditions for at least one race while he's gone to make Hillary happy.

My second night with the twins went really well and I must say having both of them snuggle into my shoulder right before bed was sooo sweet. I was able to focus on getting my reading done after they went to bed which was nice because I would rather spend quality time with Ry when we are home.

I got some e-mails as part of the communion team last night and it was such a good feeling to really feel a part of the ministry at our new church. We'll be doing sit down meals for communion on Holy Thursday which I have never done, but it used to be a tradition at moms old church so that should be really interesting. I am definitely praying about other ways to get involved in the church and talked to the youth minister again yesterday about my getting my small group started soon (I can't wait). I am also looking forward to participating in Financial Peace University in their next session either this summer or fall because I definitely want our budget to reflect God's values and what better time than right before we are ready to make our biggest financial decision yet in buying a house.

It's been a while since my last blessings list so here it is:

-My research group interviews are going to wrap up this week so that means approx 6 hours added to my weeks after this.
-My groups have gone really well two weeks in a row at my internship.
-We are pre-approved for a decent mortgage if we were to try to buy right now but we are hopeful that it will be even better in 15 months when we go to buy.
-I am about to take on another babysitting client (love this new family) and am almost ready to start working at the officialk part time job soon (come on background checks).
-We had lots of family and some friend time this weekend.
-I am hoeful that I can get lots of hw done during my two day class break next week and am getting over the fact that I am having a split spring break this year.
-Some more jobs opened up with Fairfax County, one that I am really excited about.

Some of these really long ones are written while trying to pay attention in class. Is it weird that doing something unrelated to class helps me achieve that? The good news is yesterday was definitely one of my better days in class and I actually was told I was going to make a great therapist by my professor and some classmates after a role play my group did. It was really nice to hear and we took a practice licensure exam and with no prep, I felt like I kicked butt. Here's to hoping I can do that with the real thing. It was neat to realize how much I have learned while not even being aware of it some of the time.

Anyway, here is to hoping I get everything on my list done today and that you all have a great day too!



No comments:

Post a Comment