CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peace of Mind

I appreciated the reminder yesterday from my "big sis" that I don't always have to be strong. With the deployment coming up way too soon, I am pretty strong during the day and at peace with it because I know it is God's timing and that he will provide us what we need during this time, but at night I have been having pretty bad nightmares which is not normal for me. What I have decided to do to try to beat this is to write down the nightmare, journal about why I think I am having it, and try to do something to take control over it. I was able to do this last night and to make a plan with her in the event of something happening and hopefully we never need to use that plan, but it is so comforting knowing its there. I am a planner by nature and I also have seen way too many wounded warriors and their families not to feel the need to be prepared. Everyone came home from his unit the last time they were over there and we have every reason to expect that will happen again, but for whatever reason, having some control of my biggest fear is really helpful. I think this would probably be true of all fears. I just wanted to send a blog thank you to Diana for being willing to step up to taking care of a key part of our life should the need ever arise and to ask you all to continue praying for peace and safety, not just for Ryan as he prepares to deploy, but for all the deployed and deploying troops and their families.



No comments:

Post a Comment