CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Newlyweds

So we are definitely not newlyweds anymore but I was talking to my friend last night who is and she was saying how she never knows what her husbands plans are and since they don't get to spend a lot of time together the last thing they feel like doing is joining their calendars. I remember those days but I honestly can say one of the best things we did is decide to sit down once a week to make sure that we are on the same page with our schedule and to block out time for the things we want to do with each other and friends/family so extra things don't get in the way of that. It's funny how simple things like this make life sooo much easier and enjoyable.

There's always something though and in reminiscing about our early years when we were young and clueless, we realized there was something we still needed to do to be on the same page. Ryan shared that he wouldn't know how to pick up our finances if something happened to me so he asked me to put all of our financial resources and liabilities on paper for him. He is in a dangerous line of work so it's easy for me to forget that random things happen everyday and he needs to be prepared too. It was nice and so easy to write out all of our accounts and passwords and to explain how he would keep it all together. The main thing is keeping that info secure, but I really think this is a great thing for couples to do with each other. He was so sweet and thanked me for always managing our finances. The truth is I am a total nerd and I enjoy strategizing and taking care of the things that keep our household running, but it does feel good to know that he is prepared.

Most of my students are in SOL testing today (they were so nervous last week so please send a prayer their way today) and my day will be full of paperwork and making sure their files are up to date since I won't be able to see them. Not the most exciting day for sure but maybe there will be some good surprises. Maybe I'll even have time to do the last bit of HR paperwork for the new job. I can't believe it took almost my whole day getting the first part of my TB test, my fingerprints taken at the police station, and other pulling together other pieces I needed for the huge packet I was oh so happy to unload on my fantastic supervisor yesterday. I'm glad they cover their bases with people working with vulnerable kids, but good grief. The day wasn't a total wash though, I had a great research interview with the social worker at my old high school and it was nice to run into one of my favorite teachers in the office and then I got to take a night to relax with Ry and finish my nephews first birthday invitations. I hope to share a picture of them when I get home, I still can't believe he will be one in a month, where does time go?!. Back to work for me, but it sure is nice having an escape to write out my random thoughts, I hope you all have a good day!

Here's a picture of Carter's invite as promised:

No comments:

Post a Comment