CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

A lot of excitement lately

Congrats to the new Mr & Mrs Williams! What a beautiful party for a fantastic couple!
Love that the Burke is sitting so well, hoping to get something good.
Loved the colors:)

So the last few days have been pretty packed but pretty great. Lots of wonderful things and my brain is seriously exhausted so forgive me for going bullet point style:

1. Applications in for 6 jobs so far and at least I am officially in the system and most of the work is done for future Fairfax County, Prince William county, and Virginia state jobs.
2. Two more jobs to work on applying for this weekend with the guidance of my parents. My Dad is apparently going all out to get me prepped for that Army job.
3. Spain plane tickets ordered and getting ready to make reservations for the hotels/hostels next week. We finally decided we are going to do Madrid with a day trip to Toledo and will spend two days in Barcelona before flying out of there. We got a great deal and both our loves were making fun of us with how excited we were actually really for real committing to this trip last night (yeah, I meant to write it that way).
4. Our friends Alex and Chris (I usually call him Williams) are getting married next Friday. They just got engaged and I am so glad they decided to go with the justice of the peace option for now and to do the big wedding and reception when the guys come back from their deployment. I am so unbelievably excited to be at their wedding party next Friday and I cannot remember the last time I have cancelled a babysitting job, but this will be so worth it. I love weddings but I really think they are a great couple and I hope that their day is special. I am also so happy I will have a wedding to help plan and distract me while Ry is gone.
5. Sammy is doing so well with not getting people food. I seriously expected mad whining and revolting but he seems content with his new dog food as we mix it in gradually (you have transition in new food) and we can give him an occassional fruit or vegetable so thats a nice treat for him.
6. I am finally done with my research interviews!!!! My group member Nikki and I could not contain our smiles about that one as we walked away from the last one yesterday. They've been fun but each one takes a good chunk of time that I am glad to have back to my week. I am trying not to think about having to process it all yet but we definitely got some good data.
7. I have off for spring break Monday and Tuesday and while they are already full with interviews for papers and meetings with groups, it is nice to be able to do that stuff during the day and to get to spend a Monday and Tuesday night with Ry since school usually takes those from us.
8. My small group may actually be starting soon. I talked to you the Youth Pastor after our interview with him for school and he thought I just wanted to host it and has been worried about trying to find a leader for it. He was so thankful when he realized I wanted to do both and it should start to come together soon. I am really glad I got to know more about the youth yesterday as part of my research interview and it was nice to hear more about his heart for them. I think this is going to be a great partnership.
9. It was just so nice yesterday to walk on my church campus during the week and to feel like I am already building relationships with the staff. For a fairly big church, they make a point to get to know you and through small volunteer stuff I have done there already it has really helped with that.
10. Tonight Ryan and I are going to take down the plastic weathering stuff that we put up on the front windows. It felt good to be green and save energy and may be slightly too soon considering the current gross weather, but I want my shades to be able to go up higher and to let some more light in when the sun decides to return.
11. Ryan and I have a relaxing night together tonight. Grocery shopping, a family walk if we can suck it up in the rain, and a game night are in order since we hardly got to see each other this week.

Please pray that something happens with at least one of those jobs. I know God has a plan, but it would be nice to see at least one bite and to practice my interviewing skills if nothing else. I am going to hope for more than that for the other two jobs I will be working on this weekend, but that would be enough for these jobs since two were kind of a stretch and I am not incredibly passionate about some of them, though I know I could be happy with them and that at least it would be something in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment