CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break

It is so nice to have four days to get things done! I even have one extra day than expected because my Richmond class got postponed to next week. Last week was just insane and I am so thankful for a full nights sleep last night and I know the next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy so I am going to just enjoy the calm of the next few days.

The plan:
Today- catching up on e-mails and this blog (you may want to look back at pictures I added to the past two weeks of posts), I dropped Ry off at work this morning and we'll leave right after I pick him up for our second Caps game of the season (woohoo!!!), and hopefully I will get some bill and job ap stuff done today
Wednesday- A walk with Christie and her dog Bonnie since its her Spring Break too, catching up on case notes for the internship, a relaxing night with Ry
Thursday- Time with Christen, Tate, and Carter and helping with party prep. Maundy Thursday Service at church.
Friday- More time with Christen, Tate and Carter and final party prep. Holy Friday service at church.
Saturday- Carter's 1st Birthday Party and my parents 25th Anniversary. Hillary's coming to help me get ready for my first Easter lunch at my house on Sunday.
Sunday- Easter Lunch for 11. So excited!!!

Last week was my intro to both the Family Readiness Group (FRG) at the unit and to volunteering with the youth at our new church. It was great to finally start doing things with two groups I have been wanting to get involved in for a while. I really enjoyed meeting with my confirmation mentee this past weekend and look forward to building a relationship with her. Working with youth is so encouraging because they have fresh eyes and such raw passion for the Lord.

Working with the FRG is certainly different than I expected but it was fun shopping for the fundraiser on Thursday night and making flyers. I love activities like that. It was sooo nice to get to see the soldiers Thursday night and to talk to them about how they are doing with the deployment coming up. It is nice getting to know some of the wives better too through this group and I look forward to our first big even with all of the families in just a few weeks.

A special thanks to my friends Tawnya and Kelly who helped me with the invitations this weekend. It was so nice to catch up with you all and to my parents who helped me with getting them in the envelopes (I hate licking them so props to you Dad for doing that part). Not sure how I got my papers done with all the extra activities that got added into last week and with going to see Warren Brown of Cake Love Sunday night with Mom and Diana, but they got done and I think they turned out alright.

It was so good to have Ryan home after just this four day drill, not sure how we are going to do the two weeks in April, month of May and then the year after that. Well, I do know how, with the strength and grace of God and the hope of finally starting the next steps in our journey:)

No comments:

Post a Comment