CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Co-worker love and another snow day

When I found out LTC Golden was deploying I was kind of sad because he has been such a great co-worker for Ry and he has a wonderful family with some kids with special needs who really look to him. I am thankful to hear that he will be in a pretty safe area but it's still sad. It feels like everyone we know in the military is deploying right now and it feels pretty helpless. I was already sending a baby gift with Ryan today for his co-worker who is about to have twins before I found out it was his farewell lunch so I knew I had to send something with Ry but there isn't exactly a deployment registry out there. So after wracking my brain I came up with the obvious option: cookies. I heard that LTC Golden always loved when I would send in chocolate chip cookies so I am hoping he enjoys having four dozen just for him. This was the first time I made them with almost all organic ingredients and they were so delicious. I wanted to write Hero cookies on the ziploc bags but Ryan nixed that idea. He thought of LTC MREs as a joke. MREs are the meal packages soldiers get in the field.
Ryan and I both had care bear crib themes when we were babies so that is my excuse for using care bear wrapping paper for the twins. I am wondering if this will get Ryan teased at all but baby wrapping paper is pretty girly too. I just thought the penguin was a cute way to package the LTC MREs that I made.
This was the card that I made to send with the cookies. I wish the flag was bigger but I love the words included in this stamp set. The front of the card says "As you bravely watch over us, may God watch over you." Unfortunately I will be using this stamp set a lot in the coming months, but I think it is great that Stampin Up created a few options to use for deploying soldiers and their family members.
I don't have any twin stamps but I figured I would just put two animals on the card and keep it gender neutral since they are expecting a boy and a girl. I think its funny that I just learned this simple knot technique for ribbon to keep it smaller in the envelope but still add a little something to it.
We woke up to a fair amount of snow. This is the first snow we got during the week and my first snow day from school. I am loving it even if I woke up early and couldn't fall asleep again. This is the prettiest yet since it isn't too overwhelming.
Ry still had to go to work though. At least he got to take the safer car since I wasn't going anywhere and he said the roads were nice and clear for him. Hopefully his co-workers can make it in safely to get their gifts but I would understand if they choose to take advantage of the unscheduled leave option for a snow day with their families before the big changes that are about to occur for them.

I hope you all are safe and warm whether you get to stay home or had to go into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment