CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Prayer Request

Last week I decided to check in with my old supervisor to see if the therapeutic foster care agency I have done home studies for in the past was in need of any more. They are really interesting to do and a great way to make some money on the side while also getting to do most of your work from home. Well, they don't need any right now but they offered me a job as a part time counselor or mentor for their home based program. I'll find out more details when I meet with the coordinator Tuesday but I am definitely going to be praying about whether this is God's will for me or not. It would be great in terms of extra cash as I finish out school and after I get a full time job but with Ryan leaving soon (even though he is frequently gone or busy with Reserve stuff until then) and then with no one else here to spend time with Sammy when I am at work after Ry is gone, I have to pray about whether it is worth it. I used to think that we should take advantage of every opportunity God sends our way but I have gotten smarter about praying about what the opportunity is supposed to teach me and if it is really a good fit.

In other news, it looks like I am going to be hosting a small group here soon for our churches youthgroup. They have a group that has been wanting to meet but hasn't had a leader or home and I think it would be nice to fill the house with kids and the Lord. Here's to hoping that works out and that I can manage my schedule wisely with these new opportunities arising.

No comments:

Post a Comment