CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

I love planning

My best friend from high school and I always joked about running away to Mexico. It was just a joke and a fun thought when things were stressful or not so hot. Well, I don't know how or when the idea originated, but we are going to Spain to celebrate my graduations in May and for her to get that experience since she is going to be a Spanish teacher and she has already been to Mexico a few times since high school. I am so excited. I wasn't sure it would actually happen, but we are finally ready to set dates and buy our tickets (we had to figure out our finals schedules first and I have to confirm I have a Sammy sitter since my parents will be on a cruise). I wish Ryan could come but we already had our fabulous trip to London and Rome together for his graduation and the fun doesn't stop just because he'll be gone. This will be my last hoorah before I hopefully start my new full time job or worse case scenario (which isn't that bad) before I go back to my summer job from last year. I figure I will save all of my vacation days once I start working for when Ryan comes back and we can use his post deployment leave and my saved up vacation to fix up the house that we pray God has in store for us. We're already lining up the parents to take some days off and join us for the renno party. We figure doing some of the dirty work before we move in will help in the long run (flooring and making sure the walls are well insulated and de-paneling as necessary are at the top of that list since the rest can be done later). Anyway, these are just two of my dreams, one for the near future and one for in the next year and a half God willing. I think it is so important to have dreams and goals but also to be flexible to God's plans for us because ultimately He knows whats best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment