CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Surprise meet up at Trader Joes

Fairfax County Public Schools are closed through Wednesday and with another foot or two on the way I imagine I will be off of my internship all week. I just hope the federal government gets off too. This time together is such a blessing!

We decided to venture out to Trader Joes to make sure we are well stocked through the week and because we used up some of our favorite things (we are officially obsessed with their pizza bread and their chicken is amazing too). While there we ran into old friends. I was the wedding planner for Sharon and Bill and we always say we need to get together but I know I could make it more of a priority. In any case, it was a real treat to see them and their sweet pup. They are such a kind couple and I was so blessed to have so much time with them during their wedding planning process. Here's a picture from their wedding in August 2008:

Bill was a life savor during the renovation prep at Saint James and I learned so much from Sharon as she shared about her life. It was her first wedding and they are such a wonderful couple. God's timing is perfect and I am so thankful he brought these two together and into my life.

Ryan was on the news while we were out for getting gas at the Shell on Rolling Rd. We thought that was kind of random when my mom called to tell him that he was famous:) Now that we are restocked at home and had a little bit of socialization for the day, I am hoping to try to see Christen and the nephews tomorrow and possibly even get together with another friend who lives close by. I was supposed to have a girls night with Mom and Diana tomorrow, but the storm is supposed to hit tomorrow night so we'll have to see about that. I feel so fortunate to be close to my loved ones and to have Ryan home for all of this. I am definitely praying for those without power or for whom this could be a very lonely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment