CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Second Tate Tuesday

I decided to save my trip to Toys R Us to get baby stuff for Ryan's co-worker until Tate could go with me. I don't know that I have ever taken him shopping but boy was he a trip. He was so excited that they had a Thomas table with trains there (not that he doesn't have every Thomas thing ever at home). Then he helped me pick out the bottles and other small things. I thought he would get bored as I tried to make sure it was the right stuff from the registry but he was so patient. He kept showing me things in the baby section that Carter would like. He said Carter needed a Jeep walker because he needed to learn how to drive. How cute is that? He is such a good and considerate older brother. Then we went back to Thomas for a while before checking out all of the other cool toys he likes. He enjoys having toys and characters explained to him and we made quite the list for the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause and managed to walk out with one toy for Aunt Erika's house (a miracle because we both probably wanted to buy out the whole store).
The next stop was Chuck E Cheese. We got to use up some of the coins Pattie gave me. He is so funny about only doing each game once (with maybe three exceptions for his favorites) but he is definitely getting better at them. He is even getting used to Chuck E Cheese (he used to be so afraid).
He usually gives his all to smiles and you see all teeth and sometimes no eyes. This is the first time I am noticing a more grown up smile on him for pictures. It's kind of sad but oh so cute.
Last stop before a trip to Trader Joes (right next door) for Aunt Erika's and Uncle Ryan's new obsession of flat bread pizza crust and his mommy's new obsession of chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches. I love this "I'm the coolest" look he was given. I probably shouldn't let him ride standing up on the outside of moving rides but it's slow as anything and I'm not his mom so I can let him break some rules:) I am loving having this quality time with him before the regular 9-5 starts. Hopefully next week I'll get some time with the napping one too. I'm glad for Christen that he takes so many naps but I miss seeing the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment