CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Food is snowbody's friend

So this snow break has been great for my taking the time to discover the good healthy natural foods that I have recently purchased. In the past I would have made banana bread and cookies to enjoy while curled up with my love. Now I pop in some gum and think about how nice it will be to be fit and healthy again. I was just talking to my mom and she is going through the same process of realizing that food is the fuel that helps us enjoy life, not just for pleasure. We may want certain comfort and delicious foods, but we want healthy bodies more.

Some new (to me) healthy foods I am discovering are actually not so bad:
Pistacios
Granola in yogurt
Whole what mac n cheese (okay so not healthy but better than the alternative)

Some foods I am doing my best to avoid except for a few times a week:
Cheese
Chocolate
Anything not whole wheat

So that is my boring update of the day other than the fact that my legs are killing me post all my work outs yesterday but I still fit in a work out and a walk with my loves today. Here is to meeting my goal so I can enjoy pulling out the summer clothes.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that looking at calories and serving size really helps. I'm not necessarily counting calories but I am looking at what the serving size for an item should be (ie. cups, number of crackers). This helps me visualize HOW MUCH I should be eating. Plus it shounds better in my head to say that I only ate two servings of chips. It also helps me portion out meals better. Justin is also making a point to try to make sure we include more veggies in our meals. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete