CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Officially snowed in

Staying home yesterday was a bit of a joke. It wasn't that bad out, but we could, so we did. We didn't really have any relax days before he goes on the calendar as we try to pack everything we possibly can in so snow days are a nice surprise. I was shocked when we woke up this morning to as much snow as we did and it is still coming. Now we really are snowed in. I am not sure when we will get out of here. We are very fortunate to still have power and to be well stocked up. Apparently a lot of people are without power right now and I hope they are okay. Prior to this past week or so, we had been working on emptying our pantry of things that had been in there for a while and just trying to make the most out of what we had. Our supplies had started to get low which was a good thing, but something told me to stock up while I had time and I am so thankful I did. I thought I was saving myself the stress of not having to worry about grocery shopping with school and my internship getting intense but it's a good thing because we are set for this snow storm with a good variety of new things from Trader Joes to try too.

I know a lot of people don't enjoy being at home and part of me is nervous I will be one of them if this happens next year and I am alone but for now I am forgetting about what we are missing out on and enjoying the gift we have been given. Friday night was going to be my first time babysitting the twins by myself but we have another date lined up. Today we were going to meet my best friend from high schools new boyfriend but hopefully they will come up again soon. Tonight we were going to have a game night with Nikki and Jeff, Christen and Tom, but we already have a back up date. Tomorrow we were supposed to go support Dad playing the trumpet at a service in honor of the Four Chaplains who gave their lives in WWII so others might live but I doubt that will be happening now. We were going to be hanging out with Hill and her boyfriend before a superbowl party at Ry's boss's house but I can't see those happening either. Hillary's boyfriend is preparing to deploy around the same time as Ry and they have exact opposite drill schedules and that rules most weekends out. Here is to praying we can find some time to get together before they go. The good news though is that even if we are missing out on that fun stuff, I probably won't have school Monday and Ry will hopefully have a snow day too. Yay for a surprise four day weekend. I expect the house will be spotless (not that it wasn't close to it already since I am a nerd who likes to clean), my homework will all get done and maybe some in advance, and hopefully I can get some cards done in advance too.

I am kind of bummed that we only have one shovel so Ryan is hogging it for now but hopefully I will have a chance to get out there and help the neighbors soon. There is a lot of snow out there! Sammy wouldn't go out on the deck until Ryan cleared it off but I got some good pictures and a video of him once he did get out there. So cute!!! I love how he can make anything fun, including shoveling the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment