CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

I love Sundays

I loved going to church growing up. I would even get up at 7am on a Sunday (my choice) during high school to go to my favorite service at the Ft. Belvoir Chapel. When I worked at churches this changed because there were a lot of extra demands on a Sunday and while I loved my job, it was hard to be away from Ry a whole day he was off other than the service he attended, but even then I was hardly with him. Now, Sundays are mine again and I appreciate them more than ever.

This Sunday my parents and my "sister" Hillary joined us for church and it was so nice to almost fill up a row at our church. Worship was amazing as always and we are all getting a lot out of the series on breaking free from the hurts that hold us captive. I am hopeful that I won't have to sit alone when Ryan deploys because I know this church has really struck a cord with my mom and I think some of our friends may come from time to time.

After church Hillary and I did healthy shopping at the Commissary (possibly my longest trip ever) and then came back to the house to make cards. I really enjoy making cards with her because I think we feed off of each other really well as we design the cards. Then we watched some chick flicks before she headed back to her place in DC. It was a full and fun 12 hours with her and I could not be more thankful she took the time out of her busy schedule for it.

Today I woke up to find out that my first class was canceled so I have been able to pay the stack of medical and other bills that have been stacked up. Some of these bills were from things back in September that we are just getting so it's nice to be done with them. I can't complain that we had extra time to pay them but it's nice to be able to check them off the list. I also got to do the reading for class that I probably would have avoided otherwise and to put in my quarterly order for Stampin Up so I will have the supplies I need for my grad invitations, Easter cards, and my cousin's graduation announcements. They are having a special right now so I got tons of free stamp sets which is always exciting.

Here are two of my favorite cards from yesterday, sorry they are a little blurry:

Simple elegance with the stamp I used for our wedding invitations. I am tempted to steal inspiration from this for my grad party invitations.This is a fun birthday card with some stamps I have been waiting for a good excuse to use. It's hard to tell but I colored parts of each drink and it really looks fun in person.

Here is to hoping that classes go well tonight and that my meeting with my research group after class isn't too long. Love them but I want to get home to see Ry. It was so nice having a date night with him Friday then a lazy snow day Saturday with him, but the truth is I just can't get enough of him now that we are getting close to his sailing trip. I hope you all are having a good week and enjoying the snow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment