CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowed in still/again

Yesterday we took as long a walk as we could seeing as not many sidewalks are plowed and our usual trail is too high for our boots. Sammy loved jumping through the snow while we took the easier route on the sidewalk. Yesterday was the two year anniversary of our getting him and it was really fun to get to spend the day with him and remember when he was small. While we were out we ran into some of the neighbor dogs and they invited us to join their play group. Sammy definitely looked stunned when he saw three dogs playing and enjoyed getting the extra attention from their owners. One of them was the dog walker I had heard about in our neighborhood and I am really excited about getting to know her more. With Ryan going and my going to work full time, I was really praying God would provide a solution for a spoiled puppy who grew up going to work with me then in day care. He would be okay on his own for 9 or so hours everyday because he was fine this summer when I was full time but I would feel bad for him not having at least one day with me which is what he has now and one day with Grammy since she telecommutes on one of my internship days. In any case, I think it would be great if she could walk him two or three days a week and if Grammy or I had a telecommute one day a week. Below are some pictures of his playdate with two old friends and one new one.


He was so worn out and cold after all that excitement. Today it is so windy out there and with the new snow that is still coming down hard it looks like he will have plenty of time to rest up. The trees do not appreciate this latest storm as they fight to stay in one piece. We still have power and plenty of supplies so bring it.

On a nerdier note, I have always had issues with people wasting time on video games mostly because Ryan used to be one of them. He still plays, but when all the other work is done and we have had enough quality time or while he is on the road. That said, with this snow, I have become one of them. My mom needed more neighbors on farmville so I made Sammy her neighbor (yes, Ryan created a facebook page for him). Then I saw how cool it was and how many people played and I joined them. It has kept me from going crazy during these snow storms and now that I can earn and spend money on the farm, I am less tempted to spend the real thing on amazon. This farm thing may save the day while Ry is gone and my job is to live cheaply and save up for our first home. Thanks mom for introducing me even when I made fun of you for all of those months and thanks friends for helping me create a pretty nice farm.

Off to do some wii fit. It's so humbling but good to here that obnoxious "oh" when I weigh in so I remember why I am trying to eat better and to help me fight off the urge to bake. Sammy actually snubbed his favorite popcorn today when Ryan threw him a piece and I was eating an apple. Love that even my dog is eating healthier since we switched over to Trader Joes and more organic real and healthy food stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment