CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 5, 2010

So thankful for another snow day



Yesterday was not one of my better days at my internship. The kids were almost perfect last week and I should have know. Yesterday they were tweaked and we had an "injury" during hot potato (I tried to make talking about feelings more interesting). Oh the drama caused by getting hit in the head by a stuffed potato. I know it wasn't pleasant but really?! Some good conversations happened with my kids because of this incident and I think they will be on their best behavior next time, but jeeze.

All of this was forgotten when I found out last night that today would be a snow day. Ryan works as an Army civilian and the federal government got off four hours early so he only has to use four hours of comp time for staying home today (which all of his co-workers planned on doing apparently). It has been a fun day so far. We had a lazy morning even if we were too excited about a snow day to sleep in. Then we took an hour long walk on the trail behind our townhouse. It was so beautiful. The snow on the ground was hard and uneven and provided good strength training for my ankle. The hills gave my legs a good workout too. Sammy had a lot of fun and didn't seem to be bothered by the cold. We came back home, made a pizza and watched Who's That Girl? It's a cheesy but great movie from the 80's with Madonna in it and Ryan actually enjoyed it. Now what to do with the rest of the day?! I am guessing a Jillian Michaels work out or Wii Fit and Scrabble, we'll see...I hope you all are safe and warm and enjoying this time off from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment